If you are new to this blog, you could be surprised because of numerous non- Vietnamese recipes here and the portion might be smaller than your appetite. That’s how I trained my kids and my taste bud myself too so we can enjoy variety of food around when being away from home. All my kids moved out of the house and working in California now. My boyfriend moved in with me on the Father day this year. Now I am only cooking for two of us and he is not a big eater either so adjust and multiply ingredients to suit yours.
This recipe is adapted to Weber’s Brazilian Steak Salad.
Ingredients for 4 servings
Steak and marinade
1 pound rib eye steak, tenderloin or any tender cut beef, cut into 1/2 inch thick
2 Tablespoon Soy sauce
1 Tablespoon honey
2 garlic clove, finely chopped/mashed
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1/2 orange, zested and juiced
1/2 lime, juiced
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 small red hot chili, seeded and thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed or mashed
1 tablespoon canola oil or your favorite oil
1/4 pineapple, cut into 1/2 inch thick
1 red bell pepper, cut into 4 & seeded
4 ounces baby spinach, washed and drained well
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Whisk all ingredients of marinade together and add steak to coat well. Set aside, covered for 15-20 minutes. Then mix all ingredients of dressing together in a small bowl, set aside.
- Grill pineapple and pepper until charred, turn once. Transfer to a plate. When they cool down cut into bite size chunks.
- Grill steak to your liking then let it rests for 5 minutes. Thinly slice into an angle across the steak.
- Toss all ingredients together with 1/2 of dressing right. Taste and adjust seasoning. Divided into individual plates. Serve extra dressing on the side.
* Make some orange curls with 5-hole zester for garnish if you want to or just use a fine zester.