Papaya is not only good to eat but has a lot of health benefits. It is rich in fiber and contain antioxidants which help prevent cancer and heart problems. Summer is approaching fast, try this refreshing salad to cool you down from the heat.
1. Julienned the papaya and carrot, then marinade with 1/4 cup of sugar and 1/8 cup of vinegar in the fridge for 30 minutes or so.
2. Dice roma tomatoes and then rough chop the Thai basil. Set aside for later use.
3. Squeeze some of the excess liquid from the papaya and carrot mixture, not completely dry but to the point where it’s not dripping in liquid anymore.
4. Add the garlic and tomatoes.
5. Squeeze one whole lime, and then add fish sauce. You have to keep tasting as you add the fish sauce, enough to balance the lime juice. Depending on how sweet you like your papaya salad, add more sugar. Toss all the ingredients together.