I went a little mango crazy this past week, the local grocery store was having a sale and the mangoes looked very promising. I love eating mangoes by itself but decided to switch things up as a salad. The mangoes were a tad bit unripe and very firm, perfect for a salad. It was till very tart which I like, but I know if I had made this for my mom she would be squirming. If you can’t handle the sourness then I would suggest marinading the mangoes in a lot of sugar. For proteins I used some left over cod, it would have been great if I had some sashimi grade fish to make a mango ceviche but maybe next time. For little time and effort, you can take dinner to a tropical paradise!
2 firm mangoes (julienned)
1 red bell pepper (julienned)
2 small carrots (julienned)
1 red onions (thinly sliced)
1 lb of cod
a bunch of Thai basil (rough chopped)
a bunch of Vietnamese coriander (rough chopped)
Thai chili to your liking
1. Marinade the mango, carrot, bell pepper, and onions w
ith 3 tablespoon of sugar. Let sit int he fridge for about 1-2 hours.
2. Heat up some olive oil in frying pan. Pan-fry the cod but
try not to over cook it. Remove from and let cool.
3. Removed the mango mixture and drain all the excess liquid.
4. Break the cod into large chunks with your chopstick and add squeeze half a lime on it.
5. Add 1-1.5 tablespoon of fish sauce to the mango mixture, 1/2 a lime, and chili to your liking. Mix together well. Add more fish sauce if the mango is still too sour for your taste.
6. Add the cod chunks and the chopped basil and coriander.
7. Serve and enjoy!