Wild caught gulf shrimp is untouched with antibiotics, chemical and preservatives. They have a unique sweet taste. Yes, they are a little more expensive than farm raised shrimps but it is worth it. Easy peel shrimp is deveined with shell on. You can deveined shrimp with shell on by poking a toothpick through the gap of shell and pick out the vein while keeping the shell in tact. Grill shrimps with shell on will take a few minutes extra on the grill but it will help shrimp moist and cooked even. Pineapple is a key star here too, need good sweet pineapple or may sprinkle some sugar if needed. Red hot small chili can find at Sunrise Market or any Oriental grocery store and can last a long time in an airtight container in freezer.
Ingredients serve 3
Skewers, bamboo or metal
Lemon pasta to serve, recipe here.
- Putt shrimps in a medium bowl. Mix other ingredients together except pineapple . Then stir in to coat well with shrimp. Set aside on the counter,
- Preheat grill. cut pineapple. Cook pasta.
- When the grill ready, thread shrimps and pineapple onto skewers.
- Grill on preheated grill on low heat until cooked about 10 minutes. Grill until shrimps begin to turn opaque /pink. Brush with marinade, turn and brush again. Grill until opaque pink throughout, turn once or twice ( Ricky turned 4 times)
- Serve with rice or pasta and lemon/lime wedges. Use hands to remove shrimp and pineapple from skewers and peel shrimp or not if you like to eat the shells.