Adapted from Libby’s Pumpkin roll
3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cups sugar
1 cup pure puree pumpkin (canned or freshly made)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped walnut (optional)
8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
2 Tbs butter, at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
Powder sugar for decoration
for decoration, recipe in my Fraisier cake post on 5/12
- Preheat oven to 375oF with rack at the center of oven. Grease 10×15 or 13×17-in jelly roll pan (a rimmed baking sheet will do the job fine) with butter and lightly flour or line with a parchment paper. Sprinkle a thin cotton kitchen towel with powdered sugar.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a large bowel, beat eggs at medium speed and slowly adding sugar until thick and pale. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture. Spread evenly on the prepare sheet.
- Bake 10-15 minutes until the toothpick inserts into the center come out clean or with a few crumbs or the edge separates from the pan and the top of the cake springs back when being touched.
- Immediately loosen the side of the cake and turn the cake onto prepared towel. If you are worry dropping or breaking the cake you can sprinkle powdered sugar lightly on the top of the cake and cover with the towel and a large cake rack or another baking sheet or cardboard and turn it over.
- Remove the liner paper if use, start to roll the cake with the towel. Cool it on wire rack.
- Beat all the ingredients of the filling together until smooth.
- Unroll the cake, remove the towel. Spread a thin layer of filling atop of the cake. Reroll the cake again and wrap in plastic wrap, refrigerate at least 1 hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.