8 corn tortillas (6-in diameter)
About 2 cups shredded lettuce
2 limes cut into wedges
About 1/2 cup sour cream
1 lb salmon, fillet or steak with skin about 1-in thick
Juice of 1 lime
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Mix all ingredients of salmon rub together. Squeeze juice over both sides of salmon, sprinkle salmon rub evenly to both sides of salmon. Let stand 15 minutes. Preheat the grill, wipe off the with grill salmon and corn over medium high heat the skin side first about 5 minutes. Turn over about 3-5 minutes until the fish flakes easily with a fork and opaque in the center. If you do not like skin, remove it. Flake fish and remove bones.
Fresh corn salsa
- Two fresh tender sweet yellow corn ears, grilled
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup thinly slice green onion
- 1 jalapeno, finely minced with or without seeds
- 1 small or medium garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt or more to taste
- 2 tsp lime juice or more to taste
- A good pinch of cayene pepper
- 1 oz crumbled cojita cheese (optional)
Remove most of the hulks, keep about two layers over the corn. Grill about 10 minutes turn every 2-3 minutes until the kennels soft and transparent. Cut corn off cob with a sharp knife when they are cool enough to handle. Mix corn and other ingredients together, adjust tasting. Refrigerate until serving.
Avocado and yogurt sauce
- 1 small container 6 oz wt of plain yogurt about 1 cup
- 3 medium ripe avocado, peeled,pit removed, mashed
- 1/2 serrano pepper, finely minced or less for less spice
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 small garlic clove, finely minced
- Juice from 1 lime
Mix all ingredients together except lime juice. Add lime juice a little bit at a time and taste. Refrigerate until serving.
Warm tacos on the grill or pan until soft. Add salmon flakes, lettuce, corn salsa, avocado and yogurt sauce, sour cream, and squeeze lime juice over. Enjoy.