Make 4 servings in a multiple-course meal or 2 servings for a light meal with cooked rice and veggie.
1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, washed and drained well
1/16 tsp salt
1 tsp corn starch
4 large eggs
1 tsp fish sauce
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1 Tbs vegetable oil
A few Tbs salsa of your choice (optional)
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 small shallot, finely chopped
2 scallions, coarsely chopped white part, thinly sliced green part
1. Toss shrimp with salt and cornstarch well in a small bowl.
2. Beat eggs with fish sauce, pepper. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet, add garlic, shallot, white part of scallion over medium high heat. Stir just lightly fragrant. Add shrimp and cook just until they start turning pink, about 1 minute.
4. Add the egg mixture. Rearrange shrimp into a layer. Cook until eggs begin to set at the edge. Sprinkle with green onion slices. Cover and turn the heat down to medium low until the eggs are just firm about 5 minutes or put it under the broiler for finish cooking the top. Transfer to a serving plate, cut into wedges and serve immediately with salsa on the side (optional). Try mango salsa for some tropical exotic taste. It can be served with dipping fish sauce or soy sauce on the side too.
-You can toss shrimp with 1/2 tsp salt and 1 Tbs cornstarch with a few drops of water. Then massage the shrimp gently to help cleaning and enhance the shrimp flavor. Rinse them well with water. Then start cooking as above.
– You can make little pancakes instead of the big one. After step 3, add shrimp to egg mixture. Then process frying like making pancakes with 2-3 Tbs of the shrimp-egg mixture at a time. Add more oil if needed. Cook until the edge set about 2 minutes, turn one time. Cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minutes.
-Need ovenproof skillet if planning to use broiler.