Xà Lách Trộn Thịt Bò is my kind of salad, it’s a healthy option but still incredibly flavorful! Sometimes you feel so overwhelmed by food but you still want something tasty to eat, this is usually what I turn to.
2 lbs of thinly sliced beef
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon of minced shallots
2 tablespoon of fish sauce ( red boat brand is paleo friendly)
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 tablespoon of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper
juice of one lime
1/2 sweet onion sliced
2 head of lettuce of choice
3-4 boiled eggs
3-4 tomatoes sliced
1. Marinate the sliced beef with 1 teaspoon of salt, 2 tablespoon of fish sauce, 1/2 tablespoon spoon sugar, 1 tablespoon of minced garlic, 1 tablespoon of minced shallot, and 1 tablespoon of cooking oil.
2. Wash and drain all veggies dry (lettuce, tomatoes, onions). Boil eggs and cut into quarters.
Thinly sliced the onions and soak in cold water (this helps reduce the onion flavor).
3. Combine juice of one lime, 1 tablespoon of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and teaspoon of ground pepper.
4. Heat up a pan with 2 tablespoon of cooking oil. Add marinated beef and sauteed.
5. In a mixing bowl add the lettuce, tomatoes, and onions, and dressing from step #3. Toss everything together. Transfer to a plate and then pile the sauteed beef and eggs on top.
6. Enjoy with rice!